$400M+ Global Dry Eye Treatment Devices Market to 2028 with Lumenis; ESW vision; Johnson & Johnson; Medical MiBo; Alcon; and eye sciences
DUBLIN, September 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Report “Global Dry Eye Treatment Devices Market 2021-2028” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global dry eye treatment devices market size is estimated to reach $414.2 million by 2028. It is expected to register a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period.
Growing demand for targeted, non-invasive, faster and patient-compliant treatment methods to relieve dry eye symptoms are the factors that are expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Rising incidence of causative risk factors such as excessive use of contact lenses, prolonged exposure to digital screens, diabetes, glaucoma, and Sjögren’s syndrome globally is expected to propel the growth of the market. For example, it is estimated that Americans spend an average of more than 10 hours a day in front of visual display terminals.
The growing number of clinical and research activities conducted to assess the safety and efficacy of advanced dry eye treatment devices such as IPL and BBL will drive the growth of the market.
The application of these advanced technologies in eye care is at a nascent stage in many countries, so clinical evidence is key to increasing provider confidence in their acceptance. Additionally, clinical studies of these technologies show promising results over conventional treatment methods in the treatment of dry eye disease.
Availability of alternative treatments, high cost of IPL/BBL treatment, numerous contraindications associated with IPL and lack of effective health insurance policy in several countries are the factors driving the growth of the devices market treatment of dry eye. For example, the treatment of dry eye syndrome using intense pulsed light (IPL) is not covered by the NHS, a major health service provider in the UK.
Highlights of the Dry Eye Treatment Devices Market Report
- MGX technology held the largest market share in 2020 owing to factors such as frequent product launches, cost effectiveness and improved affordability
- IPL and combination (IPL + MGX) technologies are expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period due to factors such as development of cost-effective and compact size IPL devices having versatility in treating skin tone from skin of all types have boosted its installation rate in clinics and ophthalmic centers
- North America held the largest market share in the market and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period, owing to the rising prevalence of dry eye disease, increasing R&D spending, and numerous trade conferences and exhibitions in ophthalmology organized in the United States and Canada
- Some of the prominent companies are Lumenis; ESW vision; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; MiBo Medical Group; Alcon; and eye sciences
Market Driver Analysis
- Increase in the number of contact lens wearers
- Increased use of visual display terminals
- Growing demand for dry eye treatment technology in eye centers
Analysis of market constraints
- Presence of several contraindications to intense pulsed light
- Availability of alternative treatment options
- vision science
- Vision ESW
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- Alcon, Inc.
- MiBo Medical Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/oh8bbz
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets