6 helpful tips for anyone undergoing LASIK eye surgery
SAN ANTONIO – Are you interested in undergoing LASIK eye surgery?
Bladeless LASIK eye surgery is a quick and painless procedure.
Patients’ quality of life is improved with clear, natural vision and there is no need to deal with glasses or contacts.
If you are going to have LASIK eye surgery soon, here are some tips to make the process go smoothly.
1. Eat a nutritious meal before your surgery.
Don’t let your hunger keep you from feeling grumpy. Make sure you eat a good meal before you go.
2. Wear comfortable clothing for your surgery.
Now you have an excuse to wear comfortable clothes! Give yourself some love, you don’t need those tight pants for the day.
3. Consider asking friends or family to take care of your pets a few days after your procedure.
To avoid getting pet hair in your eyes, try getting a pet sitter.
4. Ask someone to drive you home after your procedure.
Your doctor may suggest that you have a drive to your appointment so that you can rest after your procedure.
5. Smartphone users – adjust your text to be bigger and lower the brightness.
That dazzling light on your phone can strain your eyes. Do yourself a favor and lower the brightness.
6. Rest as much as possible after your procedure.
Rest, rest, rest and more rest. You have just had major eye surgery, take time to heal and recover.
If you’re interested in a LASIK consultation, Dr. Carlos Manrique of the Manrique Custom Vision Center has performed over 50,000 LASIK procedures in 20 years, including patient Danny Green, a former San Antonio Spurs player.
For more information, visit sa.manriqueeye.com or call 210-354-2020.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT – All rights reserved.